Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Monday 9 July 2012

I've started...

so I'll finish. And, at last, I've finished the dam' Egyptian Mig 15 bis. The build finished as it progressed, with the 'Hi-Decal' after market set proving to be so incredibly thin that the markings began to disintegrate in the water, and were almost impossible to get onto the Mig in one piece. I decided, given the loss of various bits of the black identity stripes, to forgo the small stencils, and just leave it like this:

Frankly, that was a far from satisfactory build, and it was with some relief that I set out my unfinished War of 1812 British and Canadians in 20mm plastic, and a couple of odd 28mm AWI that need finishing:



I can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Still, in spite of all the dramas, it looks fantastic! You've ended up with a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick. The photo was carefully posed, although I find that if I look at it from the other side of the room, without my glasses on, it looks fine!

      Delete
  2. The Mig looks spot on Stephen. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very neat looking bit of Cold War aircraft - nicely complementing the Hawker Hunter ... fancy another Hawker build??

      Delete
  3. Mig looks great there.
    Just back yesterday from hols in Yorkshire.I saw a rather splendid (albeit commerialised/touristy)steam lorry driving past me on a hill in Whitby.Thought it would look good in 28mm for vbcw...
    Looking forward to seeing your next post.
    In one of my wife's magazines ( Country Living,I think) there was an article about a couple who make bespoke Shepherds huts.Lovely but not cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, good to have you back in the land of blogs. Hope you had a top time in Yorkshire. Yes, the Shepherd's Hut will have to wait - though I'm pretty sure I could bodge a version myself. If I had a few acres to put it on!

      Delete