Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Saturday 26 January 2013

'Hel'...

... was for the Vikings, it is said, a boring, grey place where not much of use happened. Imagine a modern office lit by energy saving light bulbs. On the other hand, hell (with two ls) for the small scale modeller can only be:


tiny, resin bits sitting on great chunks of casting blocks. The upshot is, inevitably, this:


The piece above should be a single part, but, attached to an outsized casting block, it became, despite my best efforts, four pieces. Still, I was able to reassemble them into something approximating one part.

So, after much chopping, sawing, hacking, bleeding, I now have this:


Believe it or not, this overcrowded cockpit (and there is more on the port side of the fuselage) is actually missing several pieces - one disintegrated, another just would not fit, and the pedals were too tiny to be bothered about.

More hell yet to come ...

8 comments:

  1. Crikey Stephen, rather you than me with the resin pieces.

    Looking very good by they way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, Paul! I know that resin dust is bad for the lungs, but resin bits are just bad!

      Delete
  2. Nasty place Nifelheim or Hel.... and if lit by energy saving lightbulbs doubly so. I would probably describe them as the most heinous invention since the Scavengers Daughter (barring one or two weapons of mass destruction). I admire your fortitude with the kit building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortitude? Insanity!
      How's Herne getting on?

      Delete
  3. I bloody hate resin...

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that! What I find puzzling is how reviewers in the modelling magazines become ecstatic when a kit contains resin. Am I missing something?

      Delete
  4. When it is finished and looking great you will have resins to be cheerful.Keep right on to the end of the road...
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete