Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Saturday 17 August 2013

Jig...

... not as in Irish, but as in clothes pegs and Lego:


Fuselage closed up, but under some tension and I suspect that once I've rubbed down the seams I'll have to do some filling. More work done on the tailplanes, to the degree that I'm reasonably happy with them and think that once they're painted they should pass muster (from a distance, without my specs). Wings mated and jigged (er, that doesn't sound quite right).

I've also been turning up more Italian aircraft information, the photo below shows the edge of another Osprey title with a nice colour profile of a Macchi MC200 of the same series (the cockpit covers are the key) at the same time:


Hopefully, my little plastic version will capture some of the 'look' when it's complete.

On the 42s front, paint has begun to be splashed, and my enthusiasm for Irregular's little fellows has been rewarded by the good men of York on their website. Aaaah, toy soldier fame.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work so far Stephen. A real labour of love for this tubby plane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul. Either that, or signs of incipient idiocy!

      Delete
  2. Great job on those tailplanes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Giano! I'm fairly pleased with them myself. Always a fan of Italian aircraft - they just have a certain 'look'.

      Delete