Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Friday 26 December 2014

I am your father...

... That is, indeed, the case, but it didn't stop my own Luke Skywalker from thrashing me at a festive game of Star Wars X-Wing:


We didn't use all the kit on display here, just two Imperial vessels (me) and one X-wing, piloted by the said ungrateful offspring. It occurred to me afterwards that I hadn't actually managed a shot at the wily ingalactic yoof. I think next time it will have to be something more sedate - Hammerin' Iron, perhaps.


While my ageing brain addled along in the wake of the dice, rules, tokens, and such like, I was, nonetheless, rather taken with the models themselves. They appear to be resin, and are pre-painted to a very nice standard.

I must return to my Germanic bathtub, and, following an afternoon spent in the shed, some rediscovered 'Army Black'.

6 comments:

  1. Army black chaps sound most promising...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, they look a bit ropey at the moment. Too long in the shed.

      Delete
  2. X Wing's a great wee game. And don't forget...father knows best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Just as I said. That put him in his place...not.

      Delete
  3. Agreed on the quality of X-wing, especially as a gateway for one's offspring. Sounds like you had fun!

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should mention that my offspring is a sad disappointment - introduced to war gaming in the mid-1990s with a proper historical basis (mainly ACW in 15mm), he long ago went over to the Dark Side of Sci Fi, fantasy and all that jazz. However, he does have a 5 year old son...

      Delete