Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Saturday 19 May 2012

Slow progress

Slow progress indeed. I still haven't found time to properly familiarise myself with The War of 1812; my 1961 Cubans to be have now been PVA'd, but no more than that; the proposed Cuba 1898 game using Rough Riders! is still on hold; and even my Me Bf109 G-10 waits, for various gruns and graus from Xtracrylics. However, I did manage to do a little more on the odd bits of armour on my painting table tonight:


The Pz I and the SdKfz 222 are destined to take on my 28mm Home Guard, while the M41 Walker Bulldog waits for the beaches of Cuba. They are all done except for the pigment attack - note the MIG daleks hovering in the background. Speaking of daleks, I discovered today that my wife is related to David Tennant, the Dr Who before the current one, I think. This might explain both her brother (a famous sci-fi writer) and our son - who lives on another planet (the same one that the Soup Dragon lives on, I think). Mind you, so do most people in their 20s. Odd. All round.


Back to earth, it rains still here in West Mercia, but that, at least, allows this plant to show off:


It is Lady's Mantle, and, as you can see, catches drops of rain, like diamonds, on its leaves. In previous ages, it was believed that these rain drops from the plant had magical qualities. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. And very poetic! Ironically, we're needing some rain in the hydro lakes down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thanks! Water - either too much, or too little. But more rather than less is probably better.

      Delete
  2. Any progress is good progress Stephen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. One foot in front of the other.

      Delete
  3. Vexing to hear of the lack of time to progress things.
    Lady's Mantle is one of my favourite plants here in the Duchy. WE have to keep cutting it back or it would take over but I do like having some around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting on the Lady's Mantle spread - mine's still getting established, but I wonder if you just have exactly the right conditions for it?

      Delete