Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Monday 19 November 2012

Kit bash...

... it's what we do. I managed to bash the main components of the Somua today, as well as cutting off the top of the commander's coupla and adding a crude split-hatch:


While doing that little job, I couldn't help wondering just what the French designers were up to permanently buttoning-down the commander (in a one man turret!). Even with the big, drop-down rear hatch, the one piece coupla must have really accentuated the sense of battlefield blindness.

The Heller Somua kit is straightforward, but a bit simple, and marred by too many sink marks. I can feel the need for something more detailed, and, hopefully, a bit sharper. So, it's going to be:


My DAK forces are missing one of these heavy recovery vehicles, so it's time to unload one in Benghazi. And just look at the yellowyness of the base colour on the Trumpeter box illustration!

2 comments:

  1. I liked your kit bash and look forward to seeing it progress. The half track brought back fiddly gluey memories of making one in my youth,my wheels went wonky I recall.
    Interesting project ,keeping going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the Somua with interest.

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete