Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Aye, Aye..

... and Yee Haa!

It's hot and humid here in Mercia, Old England. Probably not as hot and humid as it gets in Dixieland, but my thoughts have turned to brown water table top warfare. So, this evening, I dug out these:


 
Balsa and card ironclads for the Confederate States, with:


 
one of Mr Pig's finest resin and metal miniatures, and:


 
a mix of balsa and Pig.


 
Along with two blockade runners.



I played a lot of RFCM 'Hammerin' Iron' in the past, version 1; but this time, I'll be trying out the Mk.II of that rule set. They do say 'a change is as good as a rest'. Well, they did say, in the days when  great aunts hovered on the edges of family groups.

4 comments:

  1. I played a game of 'Hammerin' Iron' at RAF Stafford Wargames Club a few years ago. We played for quite some time and virtually nothing happened. I dunno if this is realistic ACW riverine warfare but it was certainly as dull as ditch water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but Senor Cake, you are well known for your love of 'red hot action'. I, contrariwise, am of a more cerebral turn.

      Delete
  2. Nice little fleets. I used to enjoy games of Yaquintos Ironclad . Always thought it would make a good miniatures game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ross. I do rather like the strange shapes of these riverine craft. As for Yanquintos Ironclad - I am tempted, very tempted.

      Delete