Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Air minded...

... I'm not sure what it is, but I don't feel like painting toy soldiers. I don't even feel like kit bashing a tank or two. And I haven't been able to source an Italeri fastbuild M3 halftrack for the captured 57mm gun carrier conversion I was planning not so long ago. So, falling back on the sort of wisdom that sustained my grandparents' generation, I thought 'a change's as good as a rest', and dug out:


The French came up with some wonderful aircraft shapes in the inter war period (William Green's incredulity at the aerodynamic weirdness of some French designs in his classic early 1960s War Planes of the Second World War series still amuses me) and this is one of them - the Breguet 27. Made by the Azur company, it is a mixed media kit, with French and, interestingly, Chinese options:


The kit actually has more resin parts than below - another, bigger packet of them fell out of the box after I'd taken the photograph - and it also has the dreaded vac formed transparencies, so whether I'll manage to get the thing finished is a moot point.


4 comments:

  1. A splendidly whacky design.I look forward to seeing the kit come together ...
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. What's more, men were actually sent out in them in 1939/40. Only rivalled by the use of Autogiros, again by the French, in 1939/40, or the Fairey Fox by the Belgians ...

      Delete