Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Sunday 26 March 2017

The stage...

... is set.

Finally, finally, my 'Old School', 20mm plastics and Roco Minitanks 'Bay of Pigs' has come to the table. The original idea foundered on the apparent need for quite large numbers of figures, and a larger table than I have. However, I have, in my dotage, decided that I really don't have the time to build massive armies, or plan to build huge tables. Instead, I have moved to the approach encapsulated by the gridded wargame, and the 'One Hour' wargame.  So:


Above: this is the set up for the defence of the road to Playa Larga (Red Beach)by the anti-Castro Brigade 2506. The small town is Palpite, and in the far distance is the old sugar mill of 'Central Australia'.


Here are the Brigade 2506 paras in defensive positions blocking the road, with, below, one of the mortar teams that were so important for the Brigade.


And, below, the Fidelistas get ready for their drive against the beaches and the 'Yangui-backed' beach-head.  Below are the Fidelista PNR Police Battalion:



Supported by units of the Militia:



While. back at 'Central Australia', the Cuban regulars form up:




And that was enough for the moment:

 

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Replaying Bay of Pigs has lurked in my subconscious for years--now I may have to proceed. All except for the last photo--I'm too worried I might either catch my shoes on fire or at the very least melt the rubber soles on the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough staging a re-fight of the Bay of Pigs has also been one of my ambitions for many years, and not long after I bought my first Hexon II terrain I planned how to use it to set up the terrain. I never got any further than that, and I will follow your progress with great interest.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to see those Minitanks fulfilling their purpose, they were too expensive for me as a lad and I find I still hanker after them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stove too :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete