Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Friday 1 March 2013

PZLs, Potez 63s...

... and plodding. Silly things - work related; more serious matters - family related; and waste - idleness, have reduced my progress on the Pipistrello to a plodding pace. But I'm also reading a jolly good history of the Royal Hellenic Air Force in the Second World War:


Another heroic tale of patriotic defiance. And, for the aircraft geek, an amazing collection of aircraft types in Greek service, from Breguet XIXs to PZL24s, via Dornier 22s, Potez 63s and a lot else. I suspect that only the Royal Romanian Air Force fielded so many different types from so many different sources. Of course, as I sit, enthralled, by the sad tale, I'm thinking of possible 'builds' ... Azur does a Potez 63 in Greek colours ...

On the plodding bat front:



Hopefully, I'll be able to close the fuselage up this weekend, then I should really be able to crack on.

Finally, a Happy St. David's Day to the Welsh!!

6 comments:

  1. Stirling progress Stephen, it seems such a shame to enclose all these details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul. Yep, but if I realllly shove my eyeball into one of the doorways I can just make out a bit of, well, a bit of something...

      Delete
  2. That looks great. Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Nick. At least I know it is inside.

      Delete
  3. I hope you are plodding successfully through issues of home and work.
    Interesting book ,maybe worth a look -too many too tempting...
    Bat continuing to move onwards well I think.
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! Don't go Greecewards, just stick to the Northlands.

      Delete