Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Creeping around...

... odd figures are being painted up here at the Hobbit Hole, as I wait for the postman/woman to deliver the next project. Today, my son, who painted his first tank (Airfix Tiger) at the age of three and a half (some 23 years ago) painted up some strays lying on my table. First off, two of Darnand's finest in the summer of '44:


I've written elsewhere about the Milice Francaise, so I will say no more except that I have a few copies of my booklet on the force still available (see the column on the right). Just e-mail or leave a comment, and I'll send a copy.

These chaps are painted up as Franc-Garde non-permanente. 


Meanwhile on the Jugoslav-Italian border (note the door frame - typical of rural Slovenia), one of Tito's finest is also creeping around:


My lad can certainly paint. It was those orcs I bought him in 1992 that did the trick.

But who were the Milice creeping after? Oh yes:

FFI doing some creeping of their own. These chaps have, in fact, seen the dice roll, as I use them as Fifth Columnists in invasion of Britain 1940/1 games, where they appear as mad, world conspiracy theorists, or Communists (prior to the summer of '41, of course), or deluded Celtic nationalists.

Speaking of which, the bhoys are varnished and based, and, having avoided the Peelers and Tans, have popped into the bank on the way home:


2 comments:

  1. Great looking figures and a fun way of posting them with this narrative/potential narrative style.
    Are you tempted by the gridded/portable wargames set up to play in the hobbit hole?
    What are you waiting for from the GPO? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two griddeds, small and medium, drawn up on canvas, and a box of Russian Civil War in 20mm (inspired by Ross Mac's similar - was it last year ?). I've had a few games, but I really need to think a bit more as the games ended up as slogging matches.
    As for the postie - see subsequent posts!

    ReplyDelete