Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Thursday 7 June 2012

Flat Oberfeldwebel von Stanley...

... or something like that. While bashing my skull on the joists in the loft this evening, I found some more of my flats from long ago. These were a Christmas present from a German student (an expert in Grecian red figure vases, an ardent Bonapartist, and the son of two Prussians) in 1984. My interests were decidedly modern in those days, and the erstwhile Prussian humoured me with these chaps:
Firstly, rubbing it in for the French, or, perhaps, rallying the forces of anti-Bolshevism, or, if these high ones were from Vienna, staging a raid on the pastry shop.

While, on the Eastern Front, Blue Division flats read the Spanish language version of Signal, and phone mum.

While their mates throw shells at the Anti-Christ.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed. I also found some flat Panzer crewmen, but was horrified to realise that although they were clearly early war (they have that big, floppy beret), I had given them cammo uniforms!!!

      Delete
  2. They're far too nice to be stuffed away in an attic, what will you do with them now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I've only a few, but I am tempted by more (see Saturday's post). I wonder what they are like to game with?

      Delete