Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Thursday 21 June 2012

Happy day...

... it's my holidays! I shall be away for a week, on holiday, in one of my favourite parts of England, my homeland. I have been holidaying in the area for nearly three decades, it is where this great Englishman grew up:


It is a land of great beauty, with high skies and long coasts, inlets, birds, salt marsh, pubs and churches:


I will leave you with a few stanzas from a notable contemporary Norfolk poet, and master of Anglo-Saxon poetry and prose, Kevin Crossley-Holland:

The blue hour ends, this world
floats on a great stillness.

I only guess where marsh
finishes and sky begins,

each grows out of the other.
In the creek a slip

of water gleams [...]



I'll be there this time tomorrow, god willing.



1 comment:

  1. "Give you joy of your holiday sir!" as Lucky Jack Aubrey might say.Nelson photo is excuse enough for me to hint at the novels of Patrick O'Brian.Nothing finer can be read in historical fiction anywhere.
    I enjoyed your still life photos and hope you will have a fantastic time of re-creation.

    ReplyDelete