Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Saturday 16 June 2012

Poor photographs...

... middling flats. I finished the British infantry for the War of 1812, this time with more accentuated highlighting. Still far from 'right', but, they'll do. But, my photographic skills are also less than A1, so the images don't really show the little flat fellows in all their (middling) glory:


The images above and below show the British ( a regiment with buff facings) posed against a Charles Grant style house.


The photograph below shows Canadians and British wending their way through the forests of Upper Canada to defend the freedoms of the King's subjects against Yankee Doodle:


Actually, I wonder if 'Yankee Doodle' was still called that by 1812, or did the foe have another nickname?

That's almost all my flats for the moment (apart from the Panzertruppen), and I feel in need of a complete change. Watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. Splendid flats and I look forward to seeing what is next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir. I do think I will be tempted again.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. Odd and tricky to do. I was looking through my pile of 1/76 armour kits tonight - Matilda II, Pz II, Tiger 1, 25 pdr ... all the usual Airfix and Matchbox, wondering what to do, but then.... the sound of wings...

      Delete