Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Monday 16 April 2012

Tanks and trees

Well, it's a bodger's hell here in Hobbit towers. The refurb Grants are coming along reasonably poorly. The sandshields are done, and I added the rather prominent Western Desert style headlights out of sprue and slices of plasticard. Then some paintbrush aerials to the turrets - how long they will survive is another question altogether. Then a couple of more coats of desert sand, progressively lightened with white. So, now the 'quick' refurb looks like:


What I want to know is how that Kiwi fellow manages to roll out vehicle after vehicle from his refurb factory?!

Now the trees. Finished, but they are dam' difficult to photograph, as the large flat area reflects light alarmingly. You'll have to take my word for it that they don't look too bad. The little fellow at the base (painted in 1985 as a Danish Waffen SS volunteer) is another surprise find - he was in a box of bits that contained the sprue I used for the Grant headlights. Why my old flats are strewn around like this, I do not know.


On a more gaming note, there are still hopes that the Span-Am game will come off...

4 comments:

  1. I await with interest for tales of the Artful Bodger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, more like the Not Very Artful Bodger!
    On the proper bodging front, I suppose the bodgers were as bored of their work as anyone in the end, but what a way to work - in the woods, in your own temporary shelter, kettle on the fire, bodging chair legs. Aaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tree bien as the French say...
    I've heard of Easter egg hunts at this season ,is Flats hunting some local Warwick tradition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now then, your Grace! Non of that furren talk ere! And you should know that in the interests of our beleagured Union that even the slightest reference to the 'Auld Alliance' might cause problems...

      Actually, I suppose I should dig out the other flats, I seem to remember that they included some nice little dioramas. I'll look. P.S., I haven't forgotten about the Span-Am rules.

      Delete