Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Sunday 8 April 2012

Coming soon...

... or soon-ish. Many of you will be familiar with the merry madness that goes by the name of 'Funny Little Wars' - H.G. Wells redux, courtesy of Our Brother in Christ, the Padre. I, like many of you, have been seduced by the charms of the 54mm chap and Britains' style matchstick firing artillery (Army Black being my army of choice). But I now suggest to you FLW types that there is more to this than meets the eye. Popping round to deliver a small clockwork egg with feet, a small Easter rabbit (chocolate) and a card rocket to my grandson, I found his father with something that he had bought today on a visit to Kenilworth Castle (another glory of our ancient homeland; although I prefer Baddesley Clinton, house without compare). The something was this:
I only have the box (I could hardly seize the thing from a three year old!), but it is marvellous! You can see what I am thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment