Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Monday 9 April 2012

Beginnings of the big build

Number 1 Elizabethan cottage complete. I rather enjoyed that, and I suspect the beginnings of  a building boom. I've a couple of Hovels' 25mm Northern European houses to paint up, then some Eastern European wooden houses, or perhaps a British factory or two...  Anyway, here's the cottage, posed with some obsolete British armour in 1941, the crews having sloped off to The Swan:

4 comments:

  1. I love those building and wish that they were larger so they could be used for 28mm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are so clearly scaled for 20mm (and the larger 15m) that they do look a bit small for 25/8mm - a real pity.

      Delete
  2. Splendid building - an excellent effort there.I rather like the look of the SWan there too.The building is crying out for a vBCW skirmish or some German paras to be dropped into the vicinity.
    As a teenager I used WRG platoon action rules for my Airfix/Bellona ww2 gaming. I loved the rule about dropping 20mm square pieces of paper onto the table from a height to simulate paratroop landings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Swan featured in the 'Defence of Lower Bimble', with the horrid huns descending from the sky - but not using the dropped paper routine. Must try that!

      Delete