Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Sunday 22 April 2012

branches

My apologies for the lack of posts over the last few days. It's been a rather odd weekend. The weather has been warm, cold, stormy, heavy rain, then bright sunshine. All as it should be for this time of year, so perhaps odd weekends are all as they should be for this time of life. Anyway, here's an olive branch, or two:


I'm hoping that there will be no further severe frosts, so I brought my little olive tree out from its winter quarters in the greenhouse. About ten minutes after I took the photograph it was throwing down very cold rain. Fascinating trees, olives, and remarkably slow growing. This one is about seven years old, and its slow growth makes one realise how much tree planting is inter-generational, and what a cruel thing it is to bulldoze olive groves (you know who you are). I buy shoes made in Northampton anyway, but I certainly wouldn't wear 'Cat' shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment