Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Sunday 8 April 2012

Building work...

... happily not involving cheerful Midlanders with loud, drilling and sawing devices, but myself with tweezers, glue and a craft knife. It was my birthday last week, but other events put it on hold and I was feted yesterday. I received from my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson a number of wargamey type things, including:


I really like these card buildings, the most well-known being those by Metcalfe, but this one is by


the rather optimistically named 'Superquick'. I suppose it is if one thinks in geological time, but not otherwise. Still, I cracked on with it last night, and managed this much of one of the houses:


This was the first time that I had used the glue on the left - 'Roket card glue'. It is a rather runny concoction but it certainly works, making a strong bond in a minute or two. Recommended. On the house itself, it rather looks like a 19th Century/early 20th Century 'Arts and Crafts' version of an 'Elizabethan Cottage', rather than the real thing. Warwick has plenty of the real thing, all marvellously arthritic, gravity defying, and comforting for a middle-aged Englishmen - assuring him that the English have been around for a while and their culture is still to be seen and recognised by those who have eyes to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment