Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Thursday 29 March 2012

From the loft

Well, I braved the loft, avoided bashing my skull in, beat off the beasties, and found the FLW-style Austro-Hungarians. Absolutely first rate fellows, as I am sure you will agree:


'Sound "stand to" bugler!'


Praparapaparaaa ! Figures are by Dorset Soldiers, not, as I earlier suggested by Tradition. I dislike memory failures like that; next thing I'll be forgetting unimportant things, such as work-related tasks...

While in the loft, I also turned up these fine products of the somewhat blurred relationship between the UK and Egypt, in the days before that Nasser chappie turned up:




Well, at least we exported some useful ideas. Actually, looking at them reminds me of my unfinished Anglo-Egyptian debacles/victories in the Sudan project, in 20mm, using Jacklex figures. Damn! Or I could just read one of Michael Pearce's wonderful 'Mamur Zapt' detective stories - recommended to all right-thinking fellows, not least for the character of the beautiful Zeinab.

2 comments:

  1. Only fourteen more Dorset Austro-Hungarian chaps would make a FLW unit you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I doubt whether I could face seeing the fellows endure the rigours of garden gaming!

    ReplyDelete